Are you thinking of hiring a security company to monitor and secure your home? Are you aware of the services and packages they offer? Any effective system would notify the monitoring company in the case of a break-in, or if someone tampers with a door or window. Some systems immediately alert homeowners in the case of fires or gas leaks, giving them sufficient time to vacate the building.
If you are looking for a security system for your home, there are several factors to think about. Research providers in your area and see what they offer. The following are pertinent questions you should ask.
- How does the system work and what protection is offered?
- Does the security system warn against dangers such as storms, floods, fire or hazardous gases?
- Does the system function efficiently if there is a power outage?
- What devices are available in your basic home package?
- Can the system be customized to suit my needs?
- How much do these systems cost?
- Would the installation affect the aesthetics of my home?
- Does the system cater to the elderly in the case of a medical emergency?
If you are taking care of an elderly person, find out if the company provides medical alert devices. Some popular ones come in the form of a single button to press. There are also devices with a sensor. An elderly person wears the device and it triggers an alarm if they fall.
Once you are comfortable with the answers to these questions, you will be well on your way to securing your home. Acquire a home security system that will be monitored 24/7 and will keep you and your family feeling safe and secure. At Locksley, we have a range of security systems from which to choose. For further information, contact us today.